FILBo Emprende 2023
April 24th to 27th
The publishing sector’s commitment to entrepreneurship
What is FILBo Emprende?
FILBo Emprende is an initiative of the Colombian Book Chamber, the Directorate of Strategy, Development and Entrepreneurship of the Ministry of Culture and Idartes, which seeks to strengthen enterprises of the publishing industry.
Through intensive training sessions, within the framework of the International Book Fair of Bogotá, this program seeks to promote and strengthen new initiatives of the Colombian publishing industry. In this space, an integral training process will be carried out, focused on the relations of the productive chain of the sector and its characteristics, as well as the challenges and opportunities within it.
Who is FILBo Emprende aimed at?
To natural and/or legal persons who have emerging publishing projects with less than 2 years of developing their entrepreneurship or business idea and with entrepreneurial potential in any of the links of the value chain of book production: publishers, distributors and booksellers.
*Those who have been beneficiaries in 2020, 2021 and 2022 may not participate.
Call FILBo Emprende 2023:
From March 24th to April 7th the call to select the enterprises that will have the opportunity to participate in FILBo Emprende will be open.
This year we will have the participation of Nubia Macías, a Mexican sociologist, journalist and cultural manager. She is founder and director of NM consultancy, a company dedicated to the design, planning and production of cultural projects. For 18 years she was part of the organizing team of the Guadalajara International Fair, ten of which was general director, years in which FIL Guadalajara established itself as the largest publishing market in the world in Spanish and one of the most important literary festivals in America.
Requirements for participation:
- Must have an enterprise with less than two years of experience.
- Must have full time to meet 100% of the agenda.
- Must make a video of a maximum of one minute where the entrepreneur explains his/her project or business proposal and why it should be accepted. The video can be made with any device (cellular or digital camera) and shared through any digital platform (YouTube or other). The video link must be included in the registration form.
- Send the resume of the entrepreneur who will participate in FILBo Emprende to the mail email@example.com
- Fill out the registration form.
- Call Launch: March 24th
- Closing date: April 7th
- Results release: April 10th.
- FILBo Emprende 2023 agenda: from April 24th to 27th
Benefits of FILBo Emprende:
- Access to the FILBo Emprende academic agenda.
- Access card for all days of the fair.
- Collective stand at FILBo 2024
For further information:
Coordinator Professional Conferences